Open Color (PSA PID)
Open Monochrome(PSA PID)
Nature ( PSA Nature Division)
2. There are maximum of 4 digital files in each of 6 sections.
3. The entrants for the “UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS” have to register on our web-site. After registration and authorization the applicant enters his personal account and uploads his images for the contest. The images on CD sent via regular mail are subject to rejection.
4. Technical requirements for the uploaded images:
Size of digital files: 1920 pixels on the longest side,
Important:when uploading the image, its title must be stated!!!
5. The contest is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the contest rules and conditions. Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. All final work must be digital file.
6. By virtue of submitting an entry, the applicant certifies the work as his own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the contest. This may include low resolution posting on a web-site.
7. The submission of entries signifies acceptance of the Conditions of Entry.
8. All notifications will be sent by e-mail.
9. Entries will be viewed by the judges using projector with resolution 1920x1080 px
10. * An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for all sections.
11. * The images received from the photographer will be judged at 100% of the maximum permitted pixel size. Digital images must not be altered, including resizing, by the Exhibition before judging.
15. The author schould be a copyright holder of submitted material. By virtue of submitting an entry to "UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS", the author permits sponsors to use all or part of submitted material by any purpose related to the salon and future exhibitions.
16. A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment. Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to greyscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
• The story telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality.
• Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves.
• Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible.
• Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
• No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by
cropping are permitted.
• Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging / burning.
• Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed.
• Stitched images are not permitted.
• All allowed adjustments must appear natural.
• Color images can be converted to greyscale monochrome.
• Infrared images, either direct-captures or derivations, are not allowed.
Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with the subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
A grayscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
The author should be a copyright holder of the submitted material. By virtue of submitting an entry to the "UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS" salon, the author permits sponsors to use all or part of the submitted material for any purpose, related to the contest and future exhibitions.
The sponsors of the competition have a right to:
Reproduce the entries in any part of the “UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS ” website (www.internationalsalons.net );
Present prints or digital files for judging by the contest jury;
Exhibit winning entries in printed or digital format at the exhibitions of the "UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS" contest;
Reproduce winning images in any printed or electronic media in order to inform public about the contest and It’s results;
Reproduce winning images in the photo albums, informative brochures, digital media and other publications related to the contest and exhibitions;
Use winning images for further specialized activities , aimed at the popularization of the contest;
Offer the options for the commercial usage of the images to their authors.
The sponsors of the competition pledge to specify the name of the image maker when reproducing it in any form.
Exhibition copies to be shown at the exhibition and printed at the cost of the sponsors of the "UKRAINIAN PHOTO AWARDS" contest will remain with sponsors and may be used within the framework of the competition activity.
Submitting the entry you automatically grant your consent with the contest policy and rules mentioned above.